I’ve been away from the blog for a while visiting family and then when I got back I had a bit of a tummy bug which made me lose any interest in food at all. So a gentle reintroduction to the blog – Yasmin from Nineteen Ninety Nine tagged me to reveal seven random things about myself.
1. I spent a summer working on a farm wrapping lettuces in plastic. We had to wrap 1,000 a day and everyone else used to cheat and put their hands down the tube to fiddle the numbers but I couldn’t reach so I had to actually wrap 1,000 everyday. You would not believe how bad lettuce smells in that quantity.
2. I don’t actually really like animals much. I love my cats to bits but I actively dislike all dogs and don’t care about supposedly cute fluffy things at all. Some people think it doesn’t fit in with veganism but there’s lots of humans I don’t really like but I don’t want to eat them.
3. I have no concept at all of east and west. If I ever need to know the difference I have to physically hold my hands up and go Never Eat Shredded Wheat in order.
4. I’ve only had a mobile phone for a few years and I was later than almost anyone I know to get one. I’ve had 2 cast offs from a friend and I’m absolutely hopeless at using it – I only text full words and take ages, have no idea how to use the camera or any other part of it.
5. I cry at almost anything on television. Grey’s Anatomy has me howling most weeks but I sometimes even cry at home makeovers or happy news stories.
6. My favourite thing is my bath. I feel a bit guilty about the amount of water I use but I have a hot bubble bath most nights and look forward to it all evening. My favourite bubble baths are made by Origins (luxury), Lush or Original Source. I hate being in a situation where I can’t have a bath.
7. I’m not very good with children because I don’t know what level of language they understand. But since both my sister and brother have had children I’m getting better with them and I love my nephew and three nieces to bits.
I’m supposed to tag some other people but I think most people have already done it – so please feel free to do it if you haven’t already. But be warned – it’s much harder than it looks to think of things!